The Great Lakes State Ups the Stakes
Are you looking for a secure online gambling experience in Michigan? If so, iGamingMI.com is your go-to site for well-informed news, guides, bonuses, and anything else related to MI online casinos!
The choice of Michigan licensed online casino sites is growing rapidly and it’s quite easy to find yourself lost in the sea of options. We are also well aware of the fact that players have to face complicated situations and issues on the daily. So, how can we make gambling experience in the state smoother?
iGamingMI in Numbers
With more than 8 years of experience in the industry, we know for sure that at times numbers speak louder than words. We constantly update lists of our partners and media reviewed to make sure our readers are always up to speed with the latest iGaming trends, which, in our opinion, is of paramount importance in the modern world.
19 Official Casino Partnerships
- Every casino you see recommended at iGamingMI.com is licensed and regulated by the MGCB and operates legally within the state according to strict guidelines.
- Our partnerships with casinos are official, so we are well-geared to provide our readers excellent online support from both ourselves and the casino providers, as well as valuable promotions.
15 Lucrative Bonuses that Provide Real Value
- We search for lucrative bonuses across the various casinos within the state and provide our users with the knowledge to navigate the terms and conditions of these offers.
- We are constantly updating our bonuses catalog with new bonuses, which we fully intend to grow significantly in the future.
8 Amazing Casino Games
- We have a vast catalog of table games that include fan-favorites such as Roulette, Baccarat, Blackjack, more obscure titles like Slingo, and many more.
- Our information-packed guides will teach you the basics of each game while also going into detail on betting strategies and useful gaming tips that could help you win!
14 High-Quality Slots
- We critically review and rate slots created by software providers approved by the MGCB. We also have an exclusive slots collection containing everything a slots lover could want, from classic slots to five-reel video slots.
- The well-informed gamblers here at iGamingMI play slots in real-money mode to ensure reviews are accurate and have integrity. Our reviewers look for both winning potential and how much entertainment the slot provides.
21 Professional Reps
- We connect our users with casino representatives to ensure a seamless gambling experience and ensure any problems are dealt with in a fast, professional manner.
- We are still working out the fine details to ensure players can take full advantage of this feature, but we expect to release it soon.
The Team Here At iGamingMI
The team here at iGamingMI is full of people who are passionate about online gambling and have expert knowledge about the iGaming industry as a whole. In total, we have more than 8 years of experience playing and reviewing casino titles and are well-equipped to support players and answer any questions they might have.
If you have any issues with online gambling, we can help. Feel free to contact our team if you want to:
- Talk with an expert;
- Tell us about a big win;
- Provide feedback;
- Send an inquiry to the marketing team;
- File a report or complaint against a casino.
We work directly with official casino reps, which allows us to get answers you might not find on Google. We try our best to get back to our readers with valuable and to-the-point information as quickly as possible.
To make communication as effective as possible, please include a subject line and as much helpful information as possible in the body of the email. This will allow us to provide the most useful response.
Note: Our services are entirely free of charge to the end-user. Instead, we are compensated when users visit legal Michigan casinos via our affiliate links. Any funds earned are reinvested into developing our team and providing the valuable information that our users love.
Don’t hesitate to contact us at info[at]intressmedia.com
What Other Projects Are We Invested In?
Our primary goal has always been to provide valuable insight into the online gambling world for our committed readers. As we expand, we want to provide that same value to readers in other states that have legalized gambling, so everyone wins.
As online gambling gains popularity and becomes more widely known in Michigan, those involved in the industry must continue to promote responsible gambling. To ensure the safety of our players, we continue to use our knowledge to educate players on the risks in online gambling.
Here are some organizations that deal with problem gambling issues:
- Michigan Association of Problem Gambling
- The National Council on Problem Gambling
- Michigan Department of Health & Human Services
- Gamblers Anonymous
Minimum Gambling Age in Michigan
The minimum age for casino gambling in the state of Michigan, both online and offline, is 21.
As gambling requires players to have the capacity to manage their finances, the US government has seen fit to restrict gambling to the same age as the legal drinking age, which is 21. This regulation is in place to protect younger people from making financial blunders at such a young age before they have had a chance to develop their financial and social skills fully.
The age restriction being tied to that of the legal drinking age actually has some logic, however, as many land-based gambling establishments serve alcohol, which would make it challenging to regulate in-house.
There was a five-year trial to lower the gambling age to 18 in Atlantic City, New Jersey. However, it ultimately failed as casinos couldn’t prove they never served alcohol to minors.
From Tribes To Tablets: How Michigan’s Gambling Scene Went Online
From the first officially recognized tribally-owned casino in Brimley to fully-fledged online action available in every inch of the state, the battle to legalize gambling took over 30 years, but the people have finally won the right to choose!
We feel as though locals need to know the story of how gambling made its way to the state, so here is a brief rundown.
Gov William Milliken brings lottery to the state by signing the Public Act 239 into law and appointing Gus Harrison as the state’s first Lottery Commissioner.
Winner winner chicken dinner! After just a few months of a legalized state lottery, Hermus Millsaps becomes the first winner of $1 million.
Fred Dakota of the Keweenaw Bay Indian tribe challenges the state of Michigan’s right to regulate Indian gaming and opens a blackjack table in his garage, which he named The Pines.
The first tribal-sanctioned casino is opened by The Bay Mills Indian Band on their tribal land in Brimley, making the Kings Club Casino the first tribally owned casino in the entire US.
1996 was an important time for would-be gamblers in Detroit, as voters in Michigan approved Proposal E, permitting the construction of three commercially owned casinos in the state’s capital.
The Michigan Gaming Control & Revenue Act passes and is signed into law. Two years later, in 1999, The MGM Grand Detroit and MotorCity Casino Hotel open their doors, soon to be followed by the Greektown Casino-Hotel in November 2000.
2014 was a big year for online gambling, as the Michigan iLottery is launched, allowing players across the state to purchase lotto tickets online, as well as popular scratcher-style games such as Mega Millions, Lotto 47, and Powerball.
Despite Gov Rick Snyder’s veto of the bill attempting to legalize gambling in 2018, new Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer signed the bill into law in 2019, almost exactly a year after it initially failed. Following the bill’s signing, existing tribal casinos and the three commercial Detroit-based casinos could apply for a license to offer sports betting and online gambling services.
A huge year for online gambling in Michigan, 2020, saw a bunch of casinos, including Greektown Casino-Hotel, MGM Grand Detroit, and Motorcity Casino, and four of the tribal casinos, finally launch their online sportsbooks. These sportsbooks were soon to be followed by the casino’s fully licensed, legal online casino platforms!
January 2021 was the true beginning for online casinos in Michigan, with eight casinos launched and six more to follow in the year for a pretty epic total of 13 sites to play at. Of these 13 casinos, big names such as Golden Nugget, Caesars, BetMGM, FanDuel, DraftKings and BetRivers were present.
Eagle Casino & Sports, a proprietary website launched by Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, was the only gambling platform to launch in 2022, making its debut in April. Michigan online casinos posted revenues of $1.58 billion from online casino gaming, making for a massive overall 41.4% year-on-year increase for online gambling in the Great Lake State.
The year saw Michigan become the fastest state to collect over a billion dollars in lifetime taxes for online casino gambling, reaching the extraordinary milestone in just 32 months, four months faster than Pennsylvania. DraftKings, BetMGM, and FanDuel alone are responsible for 72.7% of taxes generated.
Noteworthy MI Online Gambling and Casino News
As seen on
Join Our Online Gambling Community
- If you are looking for all the latest information about online casinos in Michigan, our newsletter is for you!
- We provide players with valuable, to-the-point information about casino promotions, online gambling news, and Michigan-based events.