Casinos in Detroit Record June Revenue of $101.5 Million
For the month of June 2023, the three casinos in Detroit recorded $101.5 million in monthly total income, of which $100.9 million came from slot machines and table games. Retail sports betting saw a loss of $395,606 in large part because, on June 18, a customer at MotorCity Casino won $972,000. Let’s look at the market share in Detroit:
- 46% of the market share went to MGM Grand Detroit;
- 32% of the market share went to MotorCity Casino;
- 22% of the market share went to Hollywood Casino at Greektown.
Revenue and Taxes from Table Games and Slots
Revenue from slots and table games in June climbed 3.8% from June 2022 figures. Monthly revenue for June decreased by 2.7% from revenue for May. In comparison to the same period in 2022, slot machine and table game income at casinos climbed by 0.9% as of June 30.
Compared to June 2022, the casinos’ monthly gaming revenue statistics were inconsistent:
- Hollywood Casino at Greektown – $22.4 million, an increase of 36.8%;
- MGM – $47.0 million, a decrease of 2.7%;
- MotorCity – $32.5 million, a decrease of 3.0%.
The State of Michigan received $8.3 million in taxes from the three casinos in Detroit in June. The state received $8.0 million for the same month in 2022
The casinos stated they paid the City of Detroit wagering taxes and development agreement payments totaling $12.1 million throughout the month.